Friday, May 15, 2020

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #66 Cover and Splash Recreations

Two more Covid-Commissions of Spider-Man recreations (for a different person!). My pal Jon Ames (no, not that one) and I enjoy debating the merits and lack of same on different versions of ol' Webhead (his favorite live-action Spidey is Tom Holland... mine is, let's just say, NOT). A big fan of Mysterio, Jon asked me to re-do the cover and final splash page from THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #66 (1968), original art by John Romita (Sr., of course), with assist by Don Heck on the splash. It's fun doing these recreations, tweaking them just enough to make them my own (plus, you know, I'm a fraction of the artist John Romita is, so a 100% faithful repro not only isn't possible, but really, what would be the point?). More coming soon! 

The Amazing Spider-Man 66

The Amazing Spider-Man 66 final page

No comments: