Sunday, August 9, 2020

Trading Card Wrappers Redux

 A series of drawings of vintage (mostly Topps) trading card and sticker wrappers, a project that kind of snowballed out of control. Gee, I wonder if I'll ever go back to drawing new stuff out of my own head instead of just doing reinterpretations (and these are mostly pretty literal) of existing things in the universe? WHO KNOWS, WE'RE LIVING DURING END TIMES! 

(Note: In case we survive, the above sentence refers to the Covid-19 Pandemic, which, as of this posting, is in its fifth month with no signs of stopping. I've been doing a lot of art to keep myself busy, but don't have the mental wherewithal to be overly creative, hence dozens of Lichtensteinian work that I've been posting here. Man, that's way more info than you needed, isn't it, Internet?). 

Most of the original artwork for these pieces are available at my Etsy store, ToughGuyGoods. And other stuff, too! 


No comments: